Our Services - Focus Shockwave Therapy
What is Shockwave Therapy?
- Shockwave therapy is a non-invasive treatment, where high energy waves are passed through the skin to help relieve pain and promote movement in the affected area.
- Shockwave therapy is used for conditions that are normally very difficult to treat.
What can Shockwave Therapy be used for?
Shockwave therapy can treat a wide range of conditions, including:
- Plantar fascitis
- Achilles tendon pain
- Jumper’s knee
- Runner’s knee
- Tennis and Golfer’s elbow
- Muscle pain
- Back & Neck pain
- Shoulder tendinopathy
What is the procedure?
- Treatment is quick and only takes 5 to 10 minutes.
- The number of sessions needed depends on the nature and severity of pain. Most chronic conditions require six sessions.
- Treatment is applied directly to the skin above the affected area with a special handpiece.
- Shockwave treatment is normally carried out after a session of manual therapy.
What are the benefits?
- Radial shock waves are acoustic waves introduced into the body by means of a transmitter and handpiece.
- The shock waves have effects on a cellular level that are beneficial for healing. Increased blood flow and formation of new blood vessels create an environment for tissue repair.
- It has been shown that application of shock waves influences the body’s pain regulating mechanisms resulting in local pain relief.
To begin your treatment plan, please call your nearest practice for bookings or further information.